Most of my writing is fan fiction. I'm sorting this out by show, then by chronological order and timeline. Or something.
Okay, here's where The List comes in.
- New Stories:
- All's Fair. This is a story that I am finally proud to have written. It's disturbing, it's funny, it's twisted, it's 100k, and I completely manage to screw with Matt Bluestone's head. Read and enjoy!
- Love and War. This is the sequel to the above story, which is not only amazing but dumbfounding. Even larger, even more twisted, even more fun messing with people whose names start with M.
- Best Laid Plans. Another sequel. Goddess almighty. This is actually a happier 'fic than the last two. It's wedding bells time... and you thought I'd never write a wedding fanfic. Well, as long as it's not Elisa and Goliath, I guess this doesn't count.
- Laid to Rest. The final story in this series. Five years after the events of Best Laid Plans, and our heroes are trying to find some normalcy in a world ruled by the arrogant whims of an 18-year-old female author with intermittent PMS. Err, never mind.
- Full-Feature-Length Director's Commentary to the above series. Written while I was actually rereading all four stories in order. Explains a little bit. Long.
- Little Lost Girl. A completely new series, in which our two favorite detectives get a missing persons case, dealing with a certain biochemist that worked at a certain company on a certain project... which spells certain trouble.
- She's a Diamond. Sequel to Little Lost Girl, and a whole bunch of stuff further down on this page. What would have been "My most action-packed story to date" if I had released it at the time I wrote it. Now it's my second most action-packed story to date, second only to Love and War. Someone wants Emilie Vaughnan found, and they've called in the FBI to do it.
- A Parenthesis. More X-Files fanfic with Demona in it.
- Older Stories:
- Dragon Wings and Shiny Things. This has got to be my longest finished story, and it ends with TO BE CONTINUED. Figures. This is a stand-alone story until I get the sequel done.
- Dear Diary. This is basically a bunch of diary entries describing a series of encounters that are going to be a minplot in another story that I'm still writing.
- Never Look Up. This story I wrote in a chocolate-induced haze while doing my nails. Basically, I look at it and go, Wow, I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that. Anyway, the lady in the story cannot in any way be termed self-insertion, for reasons that are pretty obvious if you actually have ever talked to me.
- Who Am I? I had the song on infinite repeat while writing this. I think I churned this one out in ten minutes or so.
- Sprawlgoyle. This is one of my stories that really deserves a mature readers only label for chapter 2.
Newsies is a Disney musical that came out in '93 or so that talks about the Newsboy Strike of 1899. The majority of fans are actually screaming fangirls who go nuts over many cute guys dancing and singing. Me, I just think they did a good job of keeping them in step and on key. For some reason, I wrote these. Mindbends and Mayhem is a slightly racy story built around a plot-by numbers kit, and My Time No More is a satire of all the 1990s-girl-goes-back-meets-Newsies stories. There's also Unicorn Impressions, a story that even I'm not sure what I was smoking when I wrote.
My previous biggest contribution to Babylon 5 fanfic was The Never-Ending Story: Add Your Own Twists. The link is to the archive page, but there's probably some stuff that never made it up there... if the page still works. Anyway, in order to plug my own material, I'd actually have to write that summary. Since I haven't done that in the LAST four years... my non-NES contributions are Shadow-Touched, Shadow-Lost, a pretty darn old fic, Mr. Morden's War and Peace Class, which I wrote when I was very bored, and finally done, Ode on Shadow and Form, which took me a long time to write and is longer than many small novels. At least, it's long enough that if I'd written it in November, I'd have won NaNoWriMo. Newer still than that is Compromises, an alternate-universe season 5 crossover with Pirates of the Caribbean. ... Yes, you heard that right.
I... *twitch* I wrote... *twitch* See, I was bored and I... *twitch*
Gimme a moment. Deep breaths, it's okay, it's okay...
See, that wasn't so bad. It'll be okay. I promise.
Okay, anyway, yes, I have written X-Files fanfic, mostly because of Ship-chan over there. The first thing I wrote is A Matter of Trust, a sprained little fanfic about pain, pain, and pain. Its sequel is called Stiletto, which in retrospect is what I should have called the first one. Stiletto is avaliable in plain text and html formats.
Another story: Deus Ex Memoria, a story about... well, it's complicated.
I also have (Oh, Goddess) an entire fanfic series that's been spawned from my subconcious mind. Eeew, dreck. Here goes, in order:
- Life Sucks, Bite Me. A humorous little story about our two friendly neighborhood FBI agents investigating a murder at an abnormal high school.
- Ruby. The sequel to Life Sucks, Bite Me, and written in an experimental style. It may return. The style, that is.
- She's a Diamond. Sequel to Life Sucks, Bite Me and Ruby. Mulder and Scully are asked to investigate the continued disappearance of a scientist named Emilie Vaughnan, so off they go to New York.
- A Parenthesis. Sequel to the above. Demona's trying to destroy the human race again. Our friendly neighborhood FBI agents try to stop her. Mulder gets harmed. What more do you want?
No, it's not what you think. My two satire fics are A Break from Boredom and Spoof Trek Episode 1, and both are, well, strange. Enjoy.
Rifts is a Palladium Books roleplaying game in the vein of TSR's highly popular Dungeons and Dragons, but set in a future Earth. Kash or Karry
is the story with a too-cutesy title of my character in the game I play.
Speaking of the game... here's a parody that should not have been written.
Aiee! Yes, I d write crossovers. Newsie-Gargoyles crossovers are: News on the Fly and Someone Who Understands Me. News on the Fly is my first ever Newsies story, and fits in the timeline with Mindbends and Mayhem.
Okay, really, A Break from Boredom is a multi-crossover 'fic, but it's really a satire. Whatever.
My first MiSTing is of One of Those Girls by Tootsie. Includes rewritten jingle and all of my even-slightly self-insertion characters.
My 2nd MiSTing is called Heart to Heart by Debra Jeanette Ballard. She actually gave me permission to do it, so I'm rather thrilled.
And my 3rd MiSTing is of a fanfic called Hidden, a really... bad Paris/Torres Voyager fanfic about angst and sensitive guys and anhedonia and anhedonia and anhedonia and anhedonia.
This is what I used do when I got bored - write short scenes dealing with characters. So far, I have Argon, a San Francisco gargoyle, Racetrack, a newsie, and Spot, another newsie. If I get positive feedback on these, I'll get bored more often.
The Shadows. Sung to the tune of 'Macavity,' from the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical Cats. Fear me, I do.
A short B5 sketch. Get the information here.